Associated General Contractors of Akron Website Privacy Practices
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for agc-akron.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Personal Information Collected
The Associated General Contractors of Akron (AGC, Akron Division) may, without limitation, collect the following personal information from you when you visit our website:
- Information about your device including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version and operating system.
- Information about your visits to our website and the use of this website, including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
- Your name and email address that you enter in order to create subscriptions to our emails and/or e-newsletters.
- Information you enter while using the services on our website.
- Information generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it.
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, including your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card.
- Information contained in any communications you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata.
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
Uses of Personal Information Collected
AGC, Akron Division, collects the personal information set forth above to improve the website and our services offered, and to provide you with better service. In particular, we may use your personal information (and other information) for the following purposes, without limitation:
- Administering our website and business;
- To customize/personalize this website based on user interests;
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- Sending you goods and/or programs purchased through our website;
- Supplying and/or fulfilling services purchased through our website;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Sending you SMS notifications regarding appointment reminders and key project updates you’ve specifically requested;
- Sending you email notifications you’ve specifically requested;
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you’ve requested it (you can opt out at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our business where you have specifically agreed to this, by email, SMS or similar technology (you can opt out at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keeping the website secure and to prevent fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website;
- Sending you useful information about our programs, products and/or services;
- For enhancing this website’s operations;
- For statistical purposes;
- To improve our products, programs and/or services;
- To maintain the integrity of the information and services provided on this website; and
- Other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
AGC, Akron Division, doesn’t sell or rent your information to others. Except as set forth herein, and unless required by law, we will not distribute your personal information to third parties without your permission.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as may be reasonably necessary for the purposes set forth in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we’re (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we won’t provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining Personal Information
- Our data retention policies and procedure are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- We will retain documents, including electronic documents, containing personal data:
- To the extent we’re required to do so by law.
- If we believe the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including, but not limited to, providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
Security for Personal Information
AGC, Akron Division, is committed to ensuring your personal information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal information, we use suitable, industry-standard physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect via this website.
- We’ll take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of any of your personal information you have provided.
- We’ll store all personal information you provide on our secure, password- and firewall-protected, servers.
- Any and all electronic financial transactions entered into our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge the transmission of any information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we can’t guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
AGC, Akron Division, collects information through cookies and other similar technologies. We may use third parties to provide advertisements for other websites that may be of interest to you, based on information collected about your use of our website and other websites. To do this, AGC, Akron Division, and/or these third parties may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser, which may include without limitation the use of pixel tags and/or web beacons. You can choose to accept or decline cookies; most browsers automatically accept cookies unless you modify settings to decline them. However, declining to accept cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Further, AGC, Akron Division, doesn’t recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
AGC, Akron Division, also uses Web analytics services, which currently include, without limitation, Google Analytics. Although we currently use the foregoing analytics services providers, AGC, Akron Division, reserves its right, within its sole discretion, to change analytics services providers, or to add additional analytics services providers, without notice to you.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware we’re not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We can also be reached at:
2181 Akron-Peninsula Rd.
Akron, Ohio 44313